Hydroponics & Semi-hydroponicsに戻る

Just lucked out and found this beauty at my local grocery store for… | Hydroponics & Semi-hydroponics | Plantaコミュニティ

Houseplant Heretic

Just lucked out and found this beauty at my local grocery store for $15! Here’s my dilemma, should I transfer straight to LECA, or leave her alone for now? I’ve successfully transferred my other Alocasia (Nebula and Maharani), but lost most of the original leaves in the process, which I wouldn’t normally mind…but man I hate to lose this variegated beauty, especially not knowing if I’ll get another…. On the other hand, I don’t have any soil plants indoors, and with this coming from a big chain store, there’s no telling what might be going on under the surface (pests, rot, etc.). What would you do?

1件中1件目の添付ファイル
5件のいいね 5件のコメント

5件のコメント

  1. Anya

    So lucky 😱

    いいね 1件
    • Anya

      And the pink tooo wow

      いいね 1件
  2. GreenLeaf

    Repot. It would suck to lose that beautiful leaf, but I would be more sad if I lost the whole plant. That’s just my 2 cents though…do what you are comfortable with!

    いいね 1件
    • Houseplant Heretic

      I kinda feel the same. If I had bought it from a local, reputable greenhouse, I would be more tempted to leave it alone for now. Coming from a chain grocery store, and a big commercial grower as well, I’m almost more nervous to leave it as is. Most of these end up with that awful mesh stuff still strangling the roots, too.

      0件のいいね
  3. Danika

    Yeah the dilemma is real. I struggle with when to transition to Pon every single time. I agree with all above, and another thought… if you did wait for it to acclimate/settle into its new environment, and it started to be happy enough to grow a new leaf, then you repot, you could loose even more leaves by waiting. I vote cut your losses and do it now in this case. Even though i’d usually say give it a week or two.

    いいね 1件